Carriage Return and Line Feed. Siemens ASCII.

DLMUK

Hi,

I need to send a command from a S7-300 with a CP341 in ASCII format (RS485). I can get the command to send fine, what I need to do is add carriage return and line feed on the end.

I have found conflicting information from a few sources, my setup is using ladder and I simply send the value of a tag stored in a DB. What I need to send is:

01:#028<CR><LF>

Would I use

01:#028$0D$0A

OR

01:#028$R

Some manuals suggest that the Siemens will automatically send LF unless I explicitly tell it not to. Which I haven't.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

This is for editing HMI texts en masse in Excel. My problem is that in my HMI texts, some are in multiple lines, even if they are single texts...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am trying to make a message into two lines so that I can make it look something like: Press Not Running (Check...
Replies
Views
Is their anyway to insert a carriage return (make text fields multi-line) in a text object?
Replies
Views
Hi, I´m trying to send AT commands to a Modem with an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500. How can i detect a carriage return in the modem´s responde...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me how to enter a carriage return in a variable string datatype. I have declared a string in a datablock and set its initial...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom