CCW retaining variables

JEANST

Hello

i use CCW v9 dev edition with a micro 850
and i don't know how to keep the values of the tags when downloading a project to the plc ?

"download to the controller" makes the values returns to 0
"download to the controller with project values" it seems that the tags restarts with the Initial values

I would like that the plc retains the values modified by the user. like in the normal plc's :)

if somebody can help ??

thanks

Did you ever get an answer for this?

We have just started supporting a Micro850 with CCW and downloaded a program after making some minor changes and now appear to have lost all of the PID coefficients and temperature setpoints. UGH!

I saw in a tutorial video that you have to use Data Protection and can only list up to 60 variables to retain data. Is this true?

Last edited:
I've had the same issue and also ran across the Data Protection feature. This seems weak since its limited to 60 tags and requires time to set up.

However, I may or may not have stumbled onto a solution. After downloading a program, I went offline and then went to File=>Discover. This seems like an upload. I'm not sure what the difference is. Then I saved the project, went offline and my Project Values in Global Variables now show the correct values.

I think I may be able to modify this program and then "download with project values" and retain those last values.

Will test more, later.