Communication between AB 1769-L30ER and S7 CPU with PS69-DPS PROFIBUS SLAVE

spandy16

Could anybody please shed some light as to what are the steps in making a communication between Compactlogix 1768-L30ER CPU and Siemens S7 CPU with PS69-DPS PROFIBUS Slave Module from Prosoft. I have tried reading the manual from Prosoft but since I have never done this before, it's difficult for me to understand the steps for the "handshake" between two PLCs and the exchange of the data.

Make it simple and forget messages as Siemens does not support this fully.

Let Siemens S7 be the master and CompactLogix be slave on the Profibus network.
Use the IO areas (max 244 bytes) of data communication and use 1 byte of the watchdog (ex. a counter value).

By using IO areas the configuration is simpel and fast acces to data in the program.

Hi

I would also go along with that. I have never done it with a compact logix only on control logix but that is how inset it up.

Donnchadh

Hi, thanks for your reply. So does that mean that the data which I want to exchange is stored in Input/Output array of the PROFIBUS module? Provided the Siemens Master has the GSD file, can it directly address the Input/Ouput array of the PS69-DPS Slave module? And how to know if the communication is consistent between the Master and Slave.