Communications problem

CMalnar

C
I am having trouble understanding the concept of "data registers" and "control blocks". The application I am working on requires that I use these to send and recieve data from one PLC to the next. my project is as follows:

I am using two Aromat FPO PLCs on two diffenent systems, each is connected to an ethernet network via a cimerex 41 touch screen with built in ethernet and pass through functionality.

I can establish communications with each PLC via my pc though my router. The touch screens have a built in data transport protocal that allows them to act as clients or servers or both. The problem I am having is that in order to send and recieve the data, the touch screen requires that a data register is specified and also that a control block is specified.

I basically want each system to update the other on each other's condition. for example, cycle start, stop, e-stop, jams, and errors.

Any help would sure be appriciated.

Thanks,

Chuck