Control Logix 2 Chassis

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have 2 x 1756-A13 Control Logix Chassis. What hardware do I need to connect them together? They will be located next to each other in the control panel enclosure.

Thanks
Paul.

Well, you have two choices, ControlNet or Ethernet/IP. If you go with ControlNet, you will need RSNetWorx for CN software too.

You need to use an Ethernet switch between the two chassis in any case. It will supply extra ports. For I/O control, it should have certain features such as IMPG snooping amoungst others. Whether you need more Ethernet cards depends on the devices connected an the amount of traffic on them.

Similar Topics

HOW TO COMMUNICATE BETWEEN 2 ''EN2T'' MODULES MOUNTED ON THE SAME ALLEN BRADLEY CONTROLLOGIX CHASSIS. BUT TWO EN2T HAS DIFFERENT NETWORK. ONE EN2T...
Replies
Views
Is this possible? I was told that there would need to be a PLC in the Remote Rack??? Why would you want a remote I/O rack with it's own PLC???
Replies
Views
we are converting PLC-5 controls with control logix system. The idea is to replace only PLC 5 processor and retain all existing PLC I/Os. Most of...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble with getting no control of my analog output signal. I am using the SCL function block to control my analog output. The logic...
Replies
Views
hi all, i have a plc i need to get info from for a site im working on: I have a 1764 Micro Logix 1500 LSP Series C (See Attached Image) im...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom