Data Mining of PLC5

Chris,

First some disclosure. I am an engineer at I/Gear. Our software is used to manage communication between shop floor systems as well as databases (like SQL Server). So we are one of the "expensive" software solutions you referred to in your original posts.

Don't be too quick to dismiss a third party solution that can easily solve your problem. RSLinx and other may be expensive up front, but think about how much money your time is worth. What if you want to add more PLCs later? What if you get some ControlLogix PLCs thrown in?

Unrelated to this, did you ever happen to work at ControlTouch systems in Louisville, KY?

mikeatwell said:
Chris,

First some disclosure. I am an engineer at I/Gear. Our software is used to manage communication between shop floor systems as well as databases (like SQL Server). So we are one of the "expensive" software solutions you referred to in your original posts.

Don't be too quick to dismiss a third party solution that can easily solve your problem. RSLinx and other may be expensive up front, but think about how much money your time is worth. What if you want to add more PLCs later? What if you get some ControlLogix PLCs thrown in?

Unrelated to this, did you ever happen to work at ControlTouch systems in Louisville, KY?
Thank you for the info. No I have never worked there. We have decided to go with KepServerEX, MySQL, FactorySQL and FactoryPMI.

Cool - let us know how it goes. Your original post asked for web pages, so I'm curious how Java Web Start does to satisfy your requirements.

chris_d_sanders said:
Thank you for the info. No I have never worked there. We have decided to go with KepServerEX, MySQL, FactorySQL and FactoryPMI.