DataStore No screen Selected Error

nmk34

I used theautomationblog step by step to get this datastore to change the screen back to the original initial screen. I keep getting "NO SCREEN SELECTED"

Created two macros:
1st macro
under the datastore screen settings under the behavior tab, to set the global connection tag(remote display number) to the screen number of the original startup initial screen.

2nd macro
under the original initial startup screen setting, under behavior tab. set 0 to the global connection tag(remote display number).
the startup display is the newly made Datastore display.

all displays have unique numbers.
why i am getting "NO SCREEN SELECTED"?

I used theautomationblog step by step to get this datastore to change the screen back to the original initial screen. I keep getting "NO SCREEN SELECTED"

Created two macros:
1st macro
under the datastore screen settings under the behavior tab, to set the global connection tag(remote display number) to the screen number of the original startup initial screen.

2nd macro
under the original initial startup screen setting, under behavior tab. set 0 to the global connection tag(remote display number).
the startup display is the newly made Datastore display.

all displays have unique numbers.
why i am getting "NO SCREEN SELECTED"?

What version are you running?

Do you have your Initial Startup screen defined?

Are you testing or running on a PanelView or ME Station?

Is the initial graphic display configured for "On Top"?

Do your screens size match your application resolution?

How is your runtime security? Any CLSID codes instead of User Names or Groups?

DataStore logging based on event and not time

Thank you for replying. i managed to make it work. what i did:
1) made sure all displays settings are set to be replace except the datastore display to be set as ONTOP and removed the check mark from "can not be replaced".
2) Global Tag scope was local in the global connection and also in the macros meanwhile the scope in the datastore connection was as plc processor tag.

I have a new concern, i need to log data based on a tag if on or off and not based on time, i do not see this option in the datastore settings?

Thank you for replying. i managed to make it work. what i did:
1) made sure all displays settings are set to be replace except the datastore display to be set as ONTOP and removed the check mark from "can not be replaced".
2) Global Tag scope was local in the global connection and also in the macros meanwhile the scope in the datastore connection was as plc processor tag.

I have a new concern, i need to log data based on a tag if on or off and not based on time, i do not see this option in the datastore settings?

You have a couple of options.

1) Use DataLog, not DataStor ActiveX
2) You can have a second DataStor ActiveX and use that for only the one tag, and use the tag as the trigger?

I am not sure how fast your binary will be switching states?

Also I have to admit, I have not used DATALOG on a bool, on change, so I am not sure what the Change Percentage would be? There should be a way to make that work.

DATALOG On Change.png

the ver 12 I have, gives an error when adding two startup screens.
as far as using datalog model, i have used it, but it produces a log file type and that requires the client i am collecting the data for to use such as FactoryTalk file viewer and he can not run it on win 10 unless he make changes to windows and that is not possible.
that is why i need to use datastore plus. but this client wants the data collection to start only when a tag changes from 0 to 1.

can a tag changes from 0 to 1 triggers the datastore store to start the .csv file?
and as this tag continues to changes between 0 to 1 to keep updating this same
.csv file?
at what point datastore creates the .csv file? does the trigger has to be 1?expression that evaluate to 1?
i tested a sample application and watch when .csv file gets created, and i noticed, only when the trigger is set to 1 that the file is created! is this tue?

What is the error?

Do you have the Sept 2021 Roll-Up patches installed?

as far as using datalog model, i have used it, but it produces a log file type and that requires the client i am collecting the data for to use such as FactoryTalk file viewer and he can not run it on win 10 unless he make changes to windows and that is not possible.

Datalog file for FT View ME application is saved with .LOG extension, but it can be saved as .CSV and read in Excel. I have not tried this, but this is what I have read online.

can a tag changes from 0 to 1 triggers the datastore store to start the .csv file?

Yes, I use the trigger connection to enable and disable the Data Stor from an Datalogging screen.

and as this tag continues to changes between 0 to 1 to keep updating this same
.csv file?

I believe so, but you would need to test. File creation is based on settings inside the Properties, Under the General Tab. Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly...

at what point datastore creates the .csv file?

configurable on the General Tab of the properties of the Active X

i tested a sample application and watch when .csv file gets created, and i noticed, only when the trigger is set to 1 that the file is created! is this tue?

To create the first file, yes, this is true.

Under connections Tab, the Trigger can be a tag or an expression.

When I run a new application under FactoryTalkView ver 12, i could add more than one screen. But when try to create runtime of application of an application that was made by earlier version and run under ver 12, the following error appears:

WARNING: To open or convert the runtime application in FactoryTalk View version 9.0 or earlier, install patch. See Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase Answer ID 1041447.
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Multiple Initial Graphic Displays; Component type=Startup
Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

as far factorytalk file viewer is a 32-bit application and will not run under win 10 unless to configure win 10 to run 32bit applications, which the client can not do. how to save the .log file as .csv without this application?

the other thing i need help with, the log file logs each tag when it changes from 0 to 1 and from 1 to 0. how can I get the data model to log only when the tag only when the tag is 1?

to put different tags in columns, i probably need to create a different log file for each tag! otherwise all tags will be on the same column!

When I run a new application under FactoryTalkView ver 12, i could add more than one screen. But when try to create runtime of application of an application that was made by earlier version and run under ver 12, the following error appears:

WARNING: To open or convert the runtime application in FactoryTalk View version 9.0 or earlier, install patch. See Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase Answer ID 1041447.
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Multiple Initial Graphic Displays; Component type=Startup
Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

Its okay, minor problem to create macro and global connections.

Can you update FW on the Panelview to V12 and then create a V12 mer?

I find v12 very stable, and my application is 125+ screens, 2 Active X data logs, Audit trail, macros, DATALOG running for trending on PVP 7 Performance.

as far factorytalk file viewer is a 32-bit application and will not run under win 10 unless to configure win 10 to run 32bit applications, which the client can not do. how to save the .log file as .csv without this application?

You need to use Windows explorer and just rename the file with the new extension. You might need to open up settings under View --> Options...

After you can see the file extension, select file in Windows explorer, then wait a second, and one more slow click, or right click and select Rename.

the other thing i need help with, the log file logs each tag when it changes from 0 to 1 and from 1 to 0. how can I get the data model to log only when the tag only when the tag is 1?

I am not sure you can, could filter it out in excel later.

show extensions.png

the HMI has the firmware of 8.0 and that is the max it can go up to.
i tried earlier to rename the .log file to have the extension .csv. the file opened in excel looks garbage. i also opened the .log file in excel and was the same garbage.
i also previously opened the .log file and used factorytalk file viewer to save it as .csv and sort the data. client computer is 64-bit and cannot run Factorytalk file viewer(32-bit)
yes, i can filter the excel data to show only all tags that are high ot 1, but
the client asked me to log only when a specific tag goes high only.

the HMI has the firmware of 8.0 and that is the max it can go up to.
i tried earlier to rename the .log file to have the extension .csv. the file opened in excel looks garbage. i also opened the .log file in excel and was the same garbage.
i also previously opened the .log file and used factorytalk file viewer to save it as .csv and sort the data. client computer is 64-bit and cannot run Factorytalk file viewer(32-bit)
yes, i can filter the excel data to show only all tags that are high ot 1, but
the client asked me to log only when a specific tag goes high only.

I must have misunderstood the chat I had with Rockwell, sorry about that. Can you rename as .txt and open in notepad?

You need a time and date stamp when a certain bit goes high in a file of some kind?

Assuming this is low budget, you could use an array in the PLC to store the Time and Date, and then read the array with RSLinx and Excel?

Another option would be an HMS Flexy.

What about a VM with an older version of windows for the file viewer?

never used, and not sure if safe, but this sounds like something interesting...

openautomationsoftware.com/products/data/allen-bradley-data-historian/

renaming the .log to .txt did not improve the file. opening the file with note pad resulted in the same as before.

my PLC is compact Logix.

one idea to only record the bit goes from 0 to 1: in the PLC rung, is to use a counter and one shot for each tag. in the Data Model use the .ACC. i am going to try this next.

we had the historian before, and it is farfetched because most of our lines are not on the same network.

Thanks