FTView ME; DataStore Plus won't write to PC

wyliegunn

I have set up datastore plus, as per

https://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/

Using a PVP 7 HMI, I have tried writing the log file to my PC (e.g. file name "C:\DataStore\Test.csv") and nothing ever seems to happen. I have tried setting the datastore trigger to 1, as well as using a toggleable tag.

My computer is connected to the network, and I can see it when factorytalk is open under network devices. I have also tried plugging my PC directly into ports on HMI to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Please confirm; are you running FactoryTalk View ME on your PC and trying to log to your local C: drive, or are you running it on the PanelView Plus and trying to use your computer as a mapped network drive ?

In general, it is not recommended to use any PV+ feature with a networked drive location, because of the risk of data loss when that connection is interrupted. I know in the past there have been ActiveX objects like DataStore that cannot re-establish network connections after they have been broken (until there's a reboot). I very, very strongly recommend logging to local or at least removable storage (USB or SD card) and using FTP to get those files off the PV+.

To map a shared folder on your own PC to the PV+ operating system, you need to issue a Net Use command and have SMB filesharing enabled. These are described in the user manual and Knowledgebase.