FTView SE conversion from RSView - High and Low EU properties

kuchja

Hello, I have converted RSView 32 to FTView SE 14 (I have tested FTView 12 before as well and there were some difficulties so I moved on to version 14.
The problem here is that when I run the application, it tells me "Unable to animate object "Group114". The tag (#367\RUN_FDBK)" does not support the "High EU" property.
This happens with many tags.
The issue here is that I didnt find any document telling me what to do in this case.
Also, system/BlinkFast is way slower in FTView SE than in RSView
Does anyone know what to do?
Thank you.

FactoryTalk View supports what they call Direct Reference Tags and HMI Tags. HMI Tags require you to create a tag in FTV and configure the properties for that tag (analog or digital, min/max values, scaling, description...). RSView32 had the equivalent of HMI tags. Direct Reference tags do not require any setup in FTV. You simply point to the tag that already exists in your data source (PLC). As a result, when you point to a direct reference in the PLC you only get the current value of that tag. You do not get a description, or the min/max values. If your animation specifies to use the tags min and max values, that works great for an HMI tag. But it does not work for direct references. So the fix, as mentioned, is to manually enter the min and max values.

Now it looks like you might be using parameters (#367) with HMI Tags. It might be possible that the use of the tag min and max isn't supported through a parameter. I can't recall if I've tried that. Again, the fix would be to specify the min and max values.

As for the BlinkFast tag, you will need to change the update rate of the display to see the tag updating faster. The display defaults to a 1 second update rate. Everything on the screen updates at the update rate. FTV doesn't have scan classes like RSV32.

OG

Last edited:
FactoryTalk View supports what they call Direct Reference Tags and HMI Tags. HMI Tags require you to create a tag in FTV and configure the properties for that tag (analog or digital, min/max values, scaling, description...). RSView32 had the equivalent of HMI tags. Direct Reference tags do not require any setup in FTV. You simply point to the tag that already exists in your data source (PLC). As a result, when you point to a direct reference in the PLC you only get the current value of that tag. You do not get a description, or the min/max values. If your animation specifies to use the tags min and max values, that works great for an HMI tag. But it does not work for direct references. So the fix, as mentioned, is to manually enter the min and max values.

Now it looks like you might be using parameters (#367) with HMI Tags. It might be possible that the use of the tag min and max isn't supported through a parameter. I can't recall if I've tried that. Again, the fix would be to specify the min and max values.

As for the BlinkFast tag, you will need to change the update rate of the display to see the tag updating faster. The display defaults to a 1 second update rate. Everything on the screen updates at the update rate. FTV doesn't have scan classes like RSV32.

OG
Thank you, I will try that tomorrow and hopefully it will work. It is sad that Rockwell doesn't share this information.