Downloading to PanelView 600

rwy34ils

I have a PanelView 600, 2711-T6C20-L1 and PanelBuilder32. The panel has Ethernet and printer ports.

I am trying to download to the panel. It is my first time doing this. I am using the printer port on the panel and com 4 on my PC. I have set the printer to 'disabled' on the panel. The baud rate, etc. matches. No way can I get them communicating. Does the PanelView communicate through RSLinx for this? Where do I set the com port to 4 in the PanelBuilder?

Lost & confused...

Thanks!!!!!

Update...The PanelBuilder seems to be communicating with the panel. If I go into RSWho in the RSLinx, I can see the PV600 panel connected.

The problem is that if I click the 'Download'or 'Upload' menu items, I just get a warning message pop-up that says ERROR, with a large exclamation point.

Is it a error or warning, What does the error say.
Does it look like this ( see pic below).
Can you provide us with a screen shot?
Or post your PanelBuilder32 program? Zip it first then post.

Warning.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey.

No, it doesn't have any kind of message. In fact, it doesn't say Warning or Error. I just get the exclamation mark inside the yellow triangle and an OK botton to click on. All I have in the PanelBuilder program is one test screen with just a bit of text--nothing else.

When I click OK, the pop-up warning screen goes away, that's all. No, I haven't tried the file transfer utility. I don't know how to do that. This is all new to me and I'm finding the user manuals aren't a whole lot of help. I have done many other brands of HMI panels, but never the AB ones.

First, go to File...Workstation Setup and make sure you have the checkbox selected that says "Automatically use RSLinx If available"

It may be that you are trying to use the direct driver in PB32 while RSLinx already has the comm port tied up...

That's just a WAG though...

Paul

More on the Transfer utility below

WinPFT.jpg

Attachments

• WINPFT.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Okay, try shutting down RSLinx first and make sure there is nothing else (other software) using your comm ports. Then if you still get the error trying to get to workstation setup, I guess it might be time to re-install PB32...

Paul

Good advice. I just installed PanelBuilder on my other computer and it works properly---no error messages. I'll try re-installing it on this laptop & let you know how it works....

Problem solved. I reinstalled the PanelBuilder and it works correctly now. Amazing how many hours you can waste on something simple!!!

Thanks to Mickey and Paul for your much appreciated help!!!

Your Welcome!

Also, once you get a normal application built up, you will find it much easier to transfer it using the ethernet port or a PMCIA ATA memory card...

The serial method is quite slow...

Paul