Employment

tinmanjay

I am currently an accomplished Fanuc Robotics programmer and would like to make a cross over to PLC programming. How difficult is it for an intelligent individual to pick up on the concepts that accompany such a move?

I have 7 tears of robotics accomplished with GE Fanuc PLC's with APM modules in which case it is PLC programming. So my question is what kind of robotics was it that you were doing, it may be quite easy to transition.

PLC IN A PINCH

I don't see you having a problem with it at all. I went from an Aviation electronics tech to PLC's in about two years of self study and on the job training. You don't learn every thing this way but you learn alot and I have found it quite easy. Often I am challenged with something simple that every one else would have learned in school. But once you find the answers you never forget them. I now do the PLC and robotics program for an Okura A1600. Most of the programming is simple logic. The Robot is a more difficult system than the PLC.