FactoryTalk ME not showing AOI structure

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Just a little bit of a query.

When I am in the office and not connected to the automation network, I cannot seem to see any AOI tags in the offline ACD file.

I have attached 2 pictures.

They are pretty self explanatory.

In the online picture I can see a tag called Carbonator. This is an AOI, and I can access all the tags within this AOI.

However, in the offline picture, that tag is gone, and I can't access any of the tags within the AOI.

Is this just me or is it the same for everyone?

Cheers

Mark

Offline.PNG Online.PNG

Is there any chance the offline file configured is looking at an old version of the file that doesn't have the carbonator tag included?

Otherwise, it's probably just a case of the offline image needing to be refreshed. AFAIK the online tag database is more or less continuously refreshed (when the target device is online) so tags show up immediately upon being added to the PLC, but the offline file is only refreshed when requested.

And because it's FTView and sometimes the offline tag browsing just gets in a mood, you might have to refresh, remove and re-add the offline file, refresh again, close and re-open FTView Studio, refresh again, shut down and reboot your PC, refresh again, stand on your left foot facing East and recite a haiku, and refresh again.