Factorytalk View Alarm Summary showing old alarms. REALLY old alarms.

Elkelthen

Doing some consulting work using factorytalk view studio and RSLogix5000. We set up alarms for the system a while ago and they work fine, as do the alarm banners we have scattered around so that operators can see and acknowledge the alarms in the system. What doesn't work is the alarm summary viewer, the full page list of alarm history. I just logged in today because an operator called me about wanting to be able to see past alarms, and the log shows two from this morning, five from the past year, and then after that the timestamps dip down into the 1990's, then 60s... way before the plant and obviously way before this system. These guys get alarms pretty frequently anyway because some are there as a standard warning just to let operators know something normal is about to happen, so the page should be covered in alarms from the past few days. Any ideas what could be causing this? Have I set it up incorrectly? is the summary viewer the wrong way to go?

Let me know if you need any other information! Thanks guys!

Yes. And like I say, a couple of the timestamps are correct.
A couple of other things I've figured out with testing: first, the alarms on the summary page are the same as on the summary banners except that when I put something in alarm now, the banner updates while the page does not. Next, when I acknowledge an alarm on the banner, that entry goes away entirely. Theoretically what we want is for it to disappear from the banner but remain on the page.

Yes. And like I say, a couple of the timestamps are correct.
A couple of other things I've figured out with testing: first, the alarms on the summary page are the same as on the summary banners except that when I put something in alarm now, the banner updates while the page does not. Next, when I acknowledge an alarm on the banner, that entry goes away entirely. Theoretically what we want is for it to disappear from the banner but remain on the page.

There are Alarm List, Alarm Banner and Alarm Status List.

I use Alarm List to show Alarm History, and on the Display Tab, select "Display" check box, for each of the 4 selections.

The 4 selections are

"Active and Acknowledged"
"Active and Unacknowledged"
"Inactive and Acknowledged"
"Inactive and Unacknowledged"

The Alarm Status List Shows all alarms and their status.

"Alarm status list
The alarm status list object shows the status of all alarms in the system. Use the alarm status list at run time to see a list of all alarms, currently active alarms, or alarms that have been active since the alarm status was last reset."

In the Alarm Status List Properties, do you have "All Alarms" selected?

How many alarms do you have configured in the application?

turns out I lied, whoops. There are two systems this application handles. For one, the date and time are set correctly, for the other it is set incorrectly, so the summary is actually working correctly, but whenever something in the incorrect system alarms, that gets put behind the correct system's alarms in the summary. The banner, however, gives priority to anything alarming unacknowledged. You were right, celichi. Thanks for the help!