FactoryTalk View ME. Get recipes unit name

tito87

Hello all.
I'm getting crazy with the problem I have. I have a Panelview 1500 connected with a controllogix.

I just want to store in a HMI tag the name of the recipe I download to the PLC, so simple but impossible.
I read a lot of post and watch a lot of videos but I didn't find anyway to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

In the recipe, create a new ingredient for the recipe name. In the Type select String. leave min and Max empty. In the Data Set column type the text to be saved to your tag. In the Tag Set column select the tag in the PLC or HMI to store the name. This would need to be a String tag.

You can then create a String Display on your graphic to visually know which recipe is loaded.

OG

Thank you for the answer.

I find this way a little bit dangerous because you have to enter the name 2 times, in the name of the recipe and in the ingredient "Name" and this could cause some problems.

But, If there is no other way to do it it's a possible solution.

Thks