FTView Studio ME v11 Installation Stuck on "Removing Backup Files"

Vlad Romanov

Hi all,

I'm installing FTView Studio ME v11 on a Virtual Machine. Using VMWare Workstation running Windows 10 (latest updates).

The installation begins correctly and gets to 45%. At that point, it becomes stuck with the "Removing backup files" message at the bottom. The installation times out after 15 minutes or so; the only option is to "retry" at which point it remains stuck for another 15 minutes.

Re-installed the VM and redownloaded a new copy of the software from Rockwell.com...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Vlad

Capture.JPG

I went to RA Knowledge-base to do a search and they broke the freaking website again. I don't know how, but they managed to make it even worse AGAIN. That makes about the 4th time I can recall where they attempted to improve the knowledge-base and failed.

I cannot find advanced search.

I cannot see how many results were returned by my search.

I am not sure if quotations cause exact match to be required...apparently not...

I thought I would look at at least 3 pages of results because even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, but wow...nothing really matching up with your problem and I tried a dozen different search terms. Should I answer their survey as I close the site? Nah...it would just make me madder.

So the one thing I might have to help you is to try installing Factory Talk Services Platform version 6.11 separately and see what happens. I got that from your image, not from any know-how on my end or anything useful from the Rockwell Automation Nah-ledge base.

I went to RA Knowledge-base to do a search and they broke the freaking website again. I don't know how, but they managed to make it even worse AGAIN. That makes about the 4th time I can recall where they attempted to improve the knowledge-base and failed.

I cannot find advanced search.

I cannot see how many results were returned by my search.

I am not sure if quotations cause exact match to be required...apparently not...

I thought I would look at at least 3 pages of results because even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, but wow...nothing really matching up with your problem and I tried a dozen different search terms. Should I answer their survey as I close the site? Nah...it would just make me madder.

So the one thing I might have to help you is to try installing Factory Talk Services Platform version 6.11 separately and see what happens. I got that from your image, not from any know-how on my end or anything useful from the Rockwell Automation Nah-ledge base.
I've also searched the knowledgebase far and wide... Without any success. It seems to fail on most queries.

I'll try to install FT Services first tonight and see if it works.

Thank you for looking into this.