Fx2n-20mt

evildrag

Hello
Im very new here with PLC world, i just buyed from amazon a FX2N-20MT, which I believe its a mitsubitshi clon, Im using gxworks2.
Well my first question is as soon I power PLC 12V, POWER led is ON, but rigth after Error led start blinking, i load a simple task on plc, but error led still flashing, clean memory, and same error, any clue what would be hapening here?
Than you in advance

If they cloned it like for like, then it should be powered with 24V not 12V.

FX2N-M/E-DS/DSS Powersupply 100-240VAC+10%-15%, 50/60Hz 24VDC+20%,-30%

https://docs.rs-online.com/c981/0900766b8046ac4c.pdf See section 4-8

Another suggestion is that the error light blinking could suggest no program, have you went online monitor mode with the PLC after you have downloaded the program?
I will try 24V, but when I bougth I specified 12v operation, but 24v is marked on circuit board.. Its weird.
I have tried online monitor but error led still flashing, but in the pc screen it wont shown that led blinking

I did put END, should I try FEND?

If you do not have subroutines or interruptions, FEND is not essential, but it is good to put both at the end, first FEND and then END.

If you use subroutines they would go between FEND and END

If you are using GXW2 then fepending on the language you are selecting you may not need a END.
If you choose standard ladder then the program already has an END you just need to insert your rungs before it, I don't think it will compile if there is no END instruction.
If in a structured project then you do not need an END instruction it inserts those plus FEND & RET as many functions use subroutines.
Have you tried to go on-line & read the PLC diagnostics ?. this should give you the error description.
Many clones do not allow writing to the PLC Parameters they are fixed unlike the real Mitsi, also some clones are 232 port rather than 422 & fixed at 19200, also some instructions may not work in the clone although many are marketed as FX3U most of them are actually FX2N firmware with some differences.

Just a thought, there are a number of clones out there some are just the board with perhaps a plastic mounting & others that have a similar casing like the FX, on the open board ones the run/stop switch is a tiny one somewhere close to the power terminals, it can be difficult to see it is so small, if it is this type check it is in run mode.
As for the END instruction it cannot be edited in simple ladder mode so unlikely to be the problem.

Needs 24 volts DC

Hi, I bought the same PLC from Amazon and experienced the same error LED information when fed with 12 volts DC.
When connected to 24 volts DC the power LED is on and run LED is blinking.
Therefore the information on the Amazon site is wrong.

There are many clones out there, the true FX series have have the following
5 LED's
power
run
bat
prog-e
cpu-e

The power led is as it says
The run led is either on or off (have heard of a situation whwere if the 24v out terminal is shorted it flashes
The bat led is on when the battery is failing
The Prog-E will flash if the program is in error
The CPU-E will flash if internal error like hardware fault.

The clones nearly all only have 3 led's these may vary on what they are called, some versions use these leds in different mode for example it could be as they have no Prog-e led it is possible that if the program is ok & running then the run led is on, if a program error then it will flash, so to help diagnose the problem post which led is flashing & what ones are on or off.

I returned the unit to Amazon in the mean time, I need 12 Volts DC as operating voltage.
Looking at the Barth mini PLC's now, a bit more expensive but 12 Volts DC is OK, plenty of documentation available and programming software Micon-l is free.