fx2n-80mr built in communication port spec

efratalove

Dear all,
what type of built in port does fx2n-80mr plc has? i mean is it rs232, r rs422 or rs485. and which module should i use to convert to rs232. beside is there an instruction in fx2n and fx3u that can act like restarting the plc

The programming port is 422 you need an SC09 cable it's red with a 25 pin connector with an adapter for the 8 pin mini din with 232 9 pin there are others on the market but those are generally USB equivelent, you will have to use either GXDeveloper Or GXWorks (the programming IDE) the programming port protocol is not generally put out. so. to reset the PLC with GXDeveloper or GXWorks is a stop then back to run via the IDE.
The other way if you need to do it is in the program you can assign an input to switch on M8037 that forces the PLC into a stop, perhaps read this manual
https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy992d48301/jy992d48301j.pdf
It will depend on which plc model you have as some have a run input others do not.

The programming port is 422 you need an SC09 cable it's red with a 25 pin connector with an adapter for the 8 pin mini din with 232 9 pin there are others on the market but those are generally USB equivelent, you will have to use either GXDeveloper Or GXWorks (the programming IDE) the programming port protocol is not generally put out. so. to reset the PLC with GXDeveloper or GXWorks is a stop then back to run via the IDE.
The other way if you need to do it is in the program you can assign an input to switch on M8037 that forces the PLC into a stop, perhaps read this manual
https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy992d48301/jy992d48301j.pdf
It will depend on which plc model you have as some have a run input others do not.
Thanks parky, one more question. what kind of communication module can i attach to the left of the plc if i need more fexiblity in communication?

There are a couple of boards for example an FX2N-232BD & a 485BD I think there is also a 422BD however, these are probably end of life as is the FX2N but you could probably get them on ebay or other sites The manuals are also availlable from Mitsubishi, the default setting is for programmer but you can set the communications protocol in the Parameters section of the PLC. It would be simple for ascii coms once the baud rate etc is set up 232 will populate a set of registers with values for simple communications.
Here is a link to one of the manuals

Last edited:
There are a couple of boards for example an FX2N-232BD & a 485BD I think there is also a 422BD however, these are probably end of life as is the FX2N but you could probably get them on ebay or other sites The manuals are also availlable from Mitsubishi, the default setting is for programmer but you can set the communications protocol in the Parameters section of the PLC. It would be simple for ascii coms once the baud rate etc is set up 232 will populate a set of registers with values for simple communications.
Here is a link to one of the manuals
Thank you parky

To enable it put the board onto the PLC, create or load an existing project, go to PLC Parameters Select the PLC System2 tab tick operate communication Setting select I would guess in your case Non procedural set the rest of the parameters & create your code in the PLC it's just really the RS instruction it will populate a set of registers with what you send it, for example if you send "1234 Test" then the D register you put into the RS function i.e. D100 the data will appear in there plus the other registers i.e. D100 +n this is essentially the buffer there are other registers (check the coms manual) for example number of bytes received etc.
Attached is also part of the code for communications

Attachments

• FX BD setup.png
    FX BD setup.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FX Comms code.png
    FX Comms code.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 4