GE Fanuc 90-20

thanks for advice. Battery looks ok did not see the light come on. I'm working on getting the EPROM order and installed to prevent any future program losses.
If you get an EPROM you will need an external burning device. I suggest an EEPROM instead as it can be burned from the CPU with LM90.

If you're seriously considering going to the expense of adding a EEPROM, check into the cost of converting the entire PLC to a VersaMax micro. If I remember correctly, the EEPROM chips for the series 90 are somewhat expensive and only sold in packages of 4.

A 28-point VersaMax Micro to replace the obsolete 90-20 may cost less than the package of four EEPROMs and the version of Proficy Machine Edition programming software that supports the VersaMax Micro line is reasonably priced. The VM Micro has flash memory standard, has a substantially smaller footprint, and is programmed with software that will run on current operating systems without issues. The Logicmaster program you get from the OEM can be easily imported into Machinie Edition.

You can generally find the third party or generic EPROM or EEPROM much cheaper.

EEPROM.jpg

Last edited:
Russ Steve thanks for advices on EPROM costs and install I will definitely consider the cost and a upgrade if customer wishes so, I just want to let them know about the options they have. Can you tell me if I got the steps to use the restore utilities right in post 13 and 14

@Russ
Let's say the original sent to me by OEM is called "TEST1" it must be move to C:\LM90 directory.
Next in "PROGRAM FOLDER FUNCTIONS" "F1 Select/Create a Program Folder" of same name as original "TEST1"
Next F5 "Restore Contents of Current Program Folder"
Under Information to be restored select "Y" for YES "ENTIRE FOLDER" all others "N" for NO.
Did I somewhat get this right?
Zip and post the files the OEM sent you. I will try your procedure to see if that is the right way to go. If that is not the right procedure, maybe I can restore the files for you and re-post.