hey guys!!!!I want to see if I can help solve this problem

If Wikipedia has an article on Drop-Bears, I think it's not inappropriate for it to have an article on Electron Spin-Out.

I was enjoying a post-race beer with some other sailors this week when the conversation turned to a movie in which we couldn't remember the name of the lead actor. A couple of names got tossed around, and we were ready to declare the matter undecided.

My skipper was practically twitching... you could see him reaching for his pocket, then, putting his hand back on the table, then reaching for his pocket again.

"What's going on ?"

Our helmsman spoke up.

"I made him promise not to use his iPhone to settle bar bets."

If Wikipedia has an article on Drop-Bears, I think it's not inappropriate for it to have an article on Electron Spin-Out.
Now you are talking! We might as well add to the electronic clutter...

I have a few clueless Engineer stories as well. However, this guy wasn't actually an Engineer, but he was the Electrical Super. He was speaking at a Production Safety Meeting about Electrical Safety. He went on to explain that if you received an Electrical Shock, it caused your heart to beat at 60 beats a minute, and then you just died. Really! I was there, and heard the words come out of his mouth.

Stu....

I have a few clueless Engineer stories as well. However, this guy wasn't actually an Engineer, but he was the Electrical Super. He was speaking at a Production Safety Meeting about Electrical Safety. He went on to explain that if you received an Electrical Shock, it caused your heart to beat at 60 beats a minute, and then you just died. Really! I was there, and heard the words come out of his mouth.

Stu....

So in some countries, it would only beat 50 beats per minute. And if you got on DC, it would only beat once.

Stu....
Glad we use 50Hz over here. You don't die right away, you start living a little slower at first. But if you slow down long enough, you'll get the same result in the end. :eek:

Glad we use 50Hz over here. You don't die right away, you start living a little slower at first. But if you slow down long enough, you'll get the same result in the end. :eek:

I have always heard Europeans and other parts of the world lived life at a more sedate pace. Now we know why. o_O

Stu....

Tom, I hope you don't object. If you do, I can delete the article that I put in the Discussion page of Wikipedia Talk, "Talk: List of eponymous laws"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_eponymous_laws#Jenkins.27s_Principle_of_Electron_Spin-out

Jenkins's Principle of Electron Spin-out
In engineering projects, often a reason for an event is needed, but sometimes it is hard to find a satisfactory explanation. For an electrical project, Tom Jenkins recently wrote this about a reason for no voltage being found at certain terminals. According to Tom, the idea of "electron spin-out" has been around for years, and has been used at many other companies to explain the difficult-to-explain occurances in the electrical world.
"True story: A resident engineer (previously proved to be clueless) was giving BS to one of my guys while he went through normal start-up. At one point he made a big deal out of the lack of voltage on some of our dry contacts. My man told him that there had been an electron spin-out because the electrician had made the wire bends too tight. At the afternoon progress meeting, this engineer used electron spin-out as his excuse for the project being behind schedule! On the next site trip there was a new resident engineer.

My engineer first heard about electron spin-out from me. I, in turn, first heard it from another of my employees, who in turn heard of it while he was a manufacturing engineer at the late great American Motors. Before that,[who knows]?"

98.81.133.55 (talk) 17:41, 5 August 2011 (UTC)

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_eponymous_laws"

Last edited:
I don't object at all! I can think of lots worse things to be remembered for than bringing a smile to somebody's day.

(Actually, in some quarters I'm ALREADY remembered for worse things. :confused: )

It certainly brought a smile to my face Tom. (y)

Stu....

Life the Universe and Electron Spin-out. I will have to remember this and put it to the test.

What kind of meter do you use to test for this?