hey guys!!!!I want to see if I can help solve this problem

I was called one night about machine we had running. It was a saw motor mounted to the end of a robot arm. It just made some cuts, that's it. Well, they were having issues with the motor stalling out while cutting through the material, then it would crash the robot (since the motor had stopped turning).

I was talking with the offshift maintenance and one of them said "Well, there is a zip-tie tied pretty tight around the motor power cable, could it be cutting off power to the motor and making it stall?"

You gotta be careful, those plastic zip-ties used to strap 10awg motor leads may be restricting the flow of electrons...

I think we need to go back to UNI and learn about Electron Spin-out
It sounds so important...
I Agree with - Life the universe and Electron Spinout
But with an electric shock that would have to be 42 not 50 or 60 also. as we still don't know the question.
Maybe that is the ultimate Question is "Electron Spin-out?"

(n)My wifes finger waves in sync with the coriolis effect

Last edited:
Finger wave

(n)My wifes finger waves in sync with the coriolis effect

Iant - it is a good thing you are paying close attention to your wifes finger waving. Hmm is she by any chance a proctologist? They call a rectal exam a finger wave.

NEXT week you need to start another step in that 12 step program ie start listening to her.

Dan Bentler

I bend to her every Whim.

I'm the boss, when she lets me think so.

Last edited:
Bob O, I love it. I hereby grant you a royalty free license to manufacture and market it in North America. I'm willing to negotiate for the rest of the world!

I love your slogan: "Trust me." Really, who could argue with that?

I am at work on a Saturday and this just made my day. Thanks guys. Only downside is I will have to use that Electon Spinout. I know I will not be able to help myself. Just need to figure out how to graph it so I can show it at a meeting.

This proves that anyone who does controls for a living is a truely twisted indivual.

When we couldn't explain tire scrap in curing, we used to tell the Q.A. tech "Bad diodes". She would just write down whatever we said. Finally, months later, she announced that in a managers meeting with an engineer in charge who embarrassed the crud out of her...

I felt bad. She was a very sweet and humble clipboard pusher.

Bob O, I love it. I hereby grant you a royalty free license to manufacture and market it in North America. I'm willing to negotiate for the rest of the world!

I love your slogan: "Trust me." Really, who could argue with that?

No, "Make it Trust you can Believe In." seems to be the marketing trend at rockwell and the white house.

piAece.

Okie,

It looks like a lot of people get embarassed in project meetings. I remember one situation years ago.

This pitiful engineer (call him John, probably still alive) was in charge of Instrumentation for this large project. Before the project meeting, he went to the contractor instrumentation foreman and asked about the schedule. The foreman apparently was looking hard for excuses and came up with "we are short on DC wire. We have plenty of AC wire, but the shipments of DC wire are behind schedule."

That afternoon in the meeting, John made the statement that the instrument installation was behind due to a shortage of DC wire. There was a long pause in the meeting as the other engineers tried hard not to laugh. Then someone asked John what the difference was between DC wire and AC wire. Old John was way above his head now, and he went off on a wild explanation about how DC wire had been magnetized so all the electron charges were aligned, so it worked much better for DC circuits than the plain AC wire. Obviously he was making this stuff up as he went. He became famous around those parts as the first engineer to use DC wire.

Years later, I asked the instrument foremen what he had meant by "DC wire". He said, "Oh, John knew diddly-squat about wiring. That was just words I used to mean the 2-conductor shielded cable that we were using for the instrument loops."

Last edited: