HMI brightness Is pV + the only choice

gas

I have a customer that is using a PV+ with a micro 1500 ONLY to access 2 timers. His machines are used in dirty dark foundries. The AB guy claims that this is the "brightest" screen possible.
This looks to me to be massive overkill and only supports the reps big boat.
How about comments from some of you guys out there.
Thanks

In 'Dirty Dark Foundries', I'd think even a dim display would be fine. You need a bright display in bright light.

2 Timers? I'd use a panelview micro at the most.

Agreed Tom - I just installed three C-Mores (EA7-S6M). Even for the basic black and white model, the screens are very readable in a bright environment.

Note that this is an STN panel, so viewing angle is more restricted than on the color TFT models. This isn't too much of an issue if the panel is mounted at the right height/angle.