how can i edit cpu timer's values from hmi ??

k.hamza

Hi,
Im working on a supervision project with TIA portal V12, im a beginner and i need to know how can i get the possibility to change a cpu timer's value via hmi , im using a CPU 315-2 DP and HMI KTP1000.
thank you

No idea with Siemens - easy with Omron - just use a data memory for the timer set value and write from the screen. Really simple and works.

Maybe you are using the S5Timers ?
The short reply is, dont use S5Timers, use the IEC Timers (SFB3, SFB4, SFB5 from the standard library).

You then link the KTP1000 Tag to the .PT value (Preset Time) of the IEC Timer instance.
Notice that the IEC Timer uses milliseconds for the timebase.
This may be impractical for the enduser (if he want to set 30 seconds, he has to enter 30000 milliseconds). If that is a problem, then use scaling in the Tag (for example 1:1000 to have seconds in the KTP1000 to be milliseconds in the S7 program).