how to Store comments in SLC5/4

please some one help me
i have a slc5/4 plc in a 7 slot rack the problem is i want to store the ladder diagram in the processor along with the comments so that when i go online with the processor even if i dont have the backup or image of the ladder diagram i will be able to view the comments
but i dont know how to achive it

need help SOS

tripplegravity said:
please some one help me
i have a slc5/4 plc in a 7 slot rack the problem is i want to store the ladder diagram in the processor along with the comments so that when i go online with the processor even if i dont have the backup or image of the ladder diagram i will be able to view the comments
but i dont know how to achive it

need help SOS
help please

The SLC series does not support storing symbols/comments/rung descriptions in the processor.

You must keep the offline file.

And bumping a post after one minute of no response is rude.

rdrast said:
The SLC series does not support storing symbols/comments/rung descriptions in the processor.

You must keep the offline file.

And bumping a post after one minute of no response is rude.
sorry rdrast i am new at this dont know how it works
does slc5/5 have this feature

does slc5/5 have this feature

no ...

the only Allen-Bradley system that "comes close" to what you're asking for is the newer "Logix" platform - with RSLogix5000 software ... that one stores the "tagnames" in the controller ... but the ladder logic rung comments and description text are NOT stored there ...

tagnames can be up to 40 characters long ... sorry - but that's as good as it gets ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Ron Beaufort said:
no ...

the only Allen-Bradley system that "comes close" to what you're asking for is the newer "Logix" platform - with RSLogix5000 software ... that one stores the "tagnames" in the controller ... but the ladder logic rung comments and description text are NOT stored there ...

tagnames can be up to 40 characters long ... sorry - but that's as good as it gets ...

and welcome to the forum ...
thanks alot