Idec RXD Ascii command Question

cire3621

I am using a RF Card Reader with an Idec FC5a-D12S1E Plc. I am use to using modbus, but in this application I am using the RXD command since the card information is being sent to me via RS232 serial ASCII. I can get the information to appear in my PLC but it is in 26 bit format which I am unfamiliar with. I am needing to ignore all the bits except the ones that have the cards badge number. I have attached the manufactures document showing the layout of the 26 bits and I need to now how to use the RXD command to only bring in the badge number and ignore everything else. Any information on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment MESSAGE SENT BY THE HID 5352.doc

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, This time I have IDEC MicroSmart Pentra FC5A-C24R2 and using WindLDR v5.01 software for programming. This PLC is connected to...
Replies
Views
Apologies for not being the best IDEC programmer. I recently was doing some inspections on a site that had 3 FC6A IDEC processors. The issue is...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to establish communication between an HMI DELTA (DOP-B07E515) and a PLC IDEC (FC6A-D16R1CEE) via the RS-232C/485 module (FC6A-SIF-52)...
Replies
Views
Has anyone interfaced a PLC with a Control Techniques drive Nidec 750 using Modbus TCP? I am attempting to do so using an Automation Direct...
Replies
Views
I'm involved in upgrading an IDEC FC5A-D12S1E PLC to a FC6A-D32P3CEE. I've attached the original layout of the system. Since then, another HG3G...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom