Input Conections

jm barboza

Can i to connect in paralell an analog input from a transmitter at the same time in a channel of PLC and in a channel of a process register ?. The configuration in the channels of PLC are single ended (PLC 5/15 and Yokogawa video register)
Thanks a lot

Greetings jm barboza,
jm barboza said:
Can i to connect in paralell an analog input from a transmitter at the same time in a channel of PLC and in a channel of a process register ?. The configuration in the channels of PLC are single ended (PLC 5/15 and Yokogawa video register)
Thanks a lot
When I hear the word "Transmitter", I always assume its output is mA not volt, anyway the guys before me already answered your question .. If you need more details, Visit This link

"Single ended" implies 4-20 mA, so you can't run parallel, but you may be able to run in series. As mentioned above total resistance capability of the transmitter needs to be checked. More likely, though, is the possibility of ground loops causing you problems. The PLC input card may have "-" tied to common. If the Yokagawa does the same, then you can't run them in series - only the fisrst unit will get the signal. If the Yokagawa input channel is islolated you can run them in series, but the Yokagawa must be first in the loop.