Interface Ignition SCADA ethernet network to an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 Serial RS232

ControlSystems

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Everyone,
I need to Interface Ignition SCADA ethernet network to an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 Serial RS232 DF1. Has anyone out there found a low cost interface that might do this. We are trying to avoid making the customer replace the controller with a SLC5/05 ethernet controller because they have an installed AB HMI with DH+ connection...

I do believe the Maple System G-01 gateway could handle the job.

Looks like Maple G series does support DF1, never used them myself. The G03 is maybe obsolete now but if it's a one-off, it's listed at $99

Read/write tags back and forth to Ignition with Mqtt.

If the OP doesn't currently have MQTT server modules, then the cost is going to be more than the $1200 DF1 device. Keep it simple.

There is also the Moxa Mgate Eip3170, however that may mean you need Phil Turmel's EIP driver as the IA one is for direct to PLC only.

There may be other Moxa offerings, I have used them a lot just not with AB.