TIA Portal Connection Interface

integration

Does anyone know why the connection interface is greyed out and says why I can only use Teleservice instead of the other options like PN/IE? I am not directly plugged into the PLC, I am trying to access it through a remote computer on the same network as the PLC. I can ping the PLC but I can't access it. I am using TIA Portal V17

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1710885841323.png
    1710885841323.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 24
Perhaps LLDP is switched off in your Ethernet adapter settings, or tia does not recognize your Ethernet adapter. This also happens to me when my Ethernet cable is not attached.

I tend to sleep my laptop quite often and have found that sometimes interfaces in TIA Portal disappear on a wake-up, a restart of the laptop is the only method I have found so far to get them back again.

What does your Control Panel, Siemens Communication Settings show?

Attachments

• 2024-04-10_TIA_Portal_ConnectionInterface.jpg
    2024-04-10_TIA_Portal_ConnectionInterface.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 8
I tend to sleep my laptop quite often and have found that sometimes interfaces in TIA Portal disappear on a wake-up, a restart of the laptop is the only method I have found so far to get them back again.
I agree about interfaces sometimes being gone after sleep mode. It also seems to be related to if the ethernet interface didn't exist when *some event* happens (not connected to VPN yet, USB not plugged in, etc), Portal doesn't see it until a reboot.