Is it rational to use logo 8 and kepware opc in long range farms?

Prince

I have a project in which I need to automatically manage some farms. They are asking me to find a way to control some small amount of IOs from one centre. They are mostly not very wealthy farmers and they use logo 8 for easy controls of their farms. I thought I may be able to centralize the control by installing an OPC server (I prefer Kepserver and I already have v4 with Siemens suit) then monitor and control everything from one point.

Do you see any problem with this solution?
I am an S7 person. Please tell me how should I do that?
Do you have any other suggestion regarding the strategy for me

I'm sure Logo and Kepware can work together so long as there is a network connection between the two but your question says "Long Range" and that implies that they are not physically on the same network so you would need to establish a secure VPN between the two.

This video might give you an insight into an alternative approach: https://vimeo.com/257174334

Nick