Issues with Servo Motor Stopping ( Kinetix 5500 )

walterj27

Hi all, New here and new all round to PLC`s. We have a servo drive that runs a cross travel beam backwards and forwards. I am having trouble with the servo motor stopping. Accelerates and decelerates smoothly when in automatic. When ran in jog however the motor stops dead when the jog button is released and looks like it will be a problem to have it stop dead like this. Also stops dead when the e-stop is pressed or the safety gates are opened mid travel. Is there anything I can do to get the motor to stop gradually in both of these situations or at least with the jog situation.

Any Help will be much appreciated.

Walt

Look for the MAS instruction. It has an option to change Decel. If set to NO, then it uses the Decel of the previous motion command (a MAJ, MAM ,etc). If set to YES, it uses the decel in the MAS. The decel could be units/s^2, %, time, etc so be aware of the units to determine if the value needs to increase or decrease.

As for the EStop, depends on how the estop is being handled. If it is using CIP Safety, depends on the drive...ERS3 or ERS4 type have controlled motion stops SS1. If it's using hardwired STO, then less options.