ladder logic Drawing( need help)

dpforum

Draw the print/ladder diagram of the following pneumatic limit switch circuit: double acting cylinder, 2 position, 4way, double solenoid valve; continuous operation. The ladder diagram uses a start/stop rung, 1 relay, & 2 limit switches. The cylinder rod stops extended or retracted.

On YouTube, the PLC professor has a 5 video tutorial on AOI's in RsLogix 5000. Most of 1 or 2 of the videos I think vid 2 and 3 maybe? will teach you about ladder logic for a hydraulic cylinder with limit switches, extend, retract etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kjQq1aMgJg

Yeh, asking for help in the form of a polite question, showing what you have already done to do it yourself and etc..... are all ways to get more assistance... Just so you know,

Regards

Last edited:
Sherlock4me, you are much more the champion for giving help, then giving helpful hints on being polite, than I.
I blame my farther, if only l new him.
Regards

Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to help. I'm not trying to be un-polite. This was the 1st question I have asked on the 1st forum I have visited. I was not even sure I would get a response. Thanks again for the web link. I will ck that out.
I am a new student to ladder logic & any help I receive here on this forum will be highly appreciated.

DP, please except my apologizes for my insensitivity, l blame having lots of below I/Q brain cells. This forum ( all the the other members) will go to stupid amounts of time and effort on their part ( god bless them, even thou l haven'y meet god or his mates yet) to assist people to gain knowledge on PLC's. WHY? it must be all the MONEY you pay them when you write in for free. I haven't worked it out yet (l have but it doesn't help to advertise it, as they are a more knowledgeable bunch than I).

Something to keep in mind, as per nearly every type of forum, use the search engine, as most questions, so most answers have already been said.
MAY the force be with you and your brain start to melt when the PLC code starts going across the screen.

dpforum,

Don't get us wrong, we are more than willing to help.
the problem is that we will not do anyone any good if we do their work for them. We see this all the time, someone needs help desperately for a project / assignment without even attempting to do it.

May I suggest that you break any project into parts.
#1 pneumatic circuit - draw it using blocks and write in the details. then expand.

#2 electrical print

#3 ladder diagram - plc code if this is also required.

Breaking the project into parts makes the job easier to deal with.

PS,
post your work and we will guide you.

regards,
james

bloody ot's you need help, not even a PLEASE. Off you go

I have to confess that my initial reaction is close to yours. (Although being a Yank I'm not sure what an "ot" is.)

I almost never answer an obvious student question unless they show both some sign of effort and a level of common courtesy. dpforum, be advised. No one owes you answers.

I have to confess that my initial reaction is close to yours. (Although being a Yank I'm not sure what an "ot" is.)

I almost never answer an obvious student question unless they show both some sign of effort and a level of common courtesy. dpforum, be advised. No one owes you answers.

Now you raise the question about OT'S nor do I. I will come up with my version after 10 hrs of keeping the throat wet. It is a agreement, Like bloody ot's l will have first/another/another-----blah/blah/blah drink.
Regards KD
Re- no answer, people always seem too give in, in the end.

Thanks for the advise

Like I said, I am new at this & never requested help on a forum. I really didn't know what to expect. I do appreciate all the replies. Currently I'm doing good to navigate the site, lol. As far as showing my work; I'm assuming that I will be able to draw out what I have, scan it in then copy n paste to my post?
Best regards
Dp

Update

I just thought I'd let ya all know I have solved the problem with a lil nudge in the rt direction. I caught one of our professors in my spare time. Showed him my work & he showed me a better way to get the result I was looking for. By the way I do enjoy solving these problems; I'm kind of weird that way. However, it sure can be frustrating when my minds eye does not see what I'm looking for.
Regards
Dp