Logix Designer Redundancy Module issue

Radhik

Hi Folks,

I have

1756-L81E (CPU) (Firmware: 33.012)
1756-EN2TR (Ethernet Module) (Firmware: 11.002)
1756-RM2 (Redundancy Module) (Firmware: 20.031)

Studio 5000- V33

in pair. I have set it up the similar IP address for EN2TR. Once I connect both systems, it changes one of the modules' IP addresses to the following number, but then RM2 sticks to DISQ error.

Any help would be helpful.

As I'm sure you are aware, ControlLogix Redundancy requires a specific set of firmware and hardware to be combined in order to be functional and supported.

Each ControlLogix Redundancy release has a document with notes, details, and tables showing those compatible devices and firmware. A good summary of those is 1756-RM010:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm010_-en-p.pdf

Read that document closely and completely.

The Redundancy Module Configuration Tool (RMCT) that allows you to configure and troubleshoot the 1756-RM2 modules is also specific to each release of ControlLogix Redundancy. I think v33 bundles the RMCT along with the firmware file bundle; they split it out for separate download in v34.

>RM2 sticks to DISQ error.

There are numerous reasons for the Secondary to remain disqualified. You need to connect to the RM2's with the RMCT software and troubleshoot using the information that reveals.

It was RM2 firmware issue. I was using the latest one but the Rslogix v33 does not support it. It's solved now.

Thanks