Logix Studio v31 Fatal Errors

Derp-Dee-Drrr

Hi, I recently started using Logix Studio v31 after having been using v20 for years. I keep getting these fatal error seemingly at random a few times a day. It always seems to happen when I am editing code, logic, desc, etc. Each fatal error has the same error code in the log, as followed:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal Error!
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v31\Bin\LogixDesigner.exe
Elapsed execution time: 23 hours, 56 minutes, & 9 seconds
Version: V31.01.00 (Release)
OS Version: Windows 8 32-bit
Thread Id: 000007f4 (2036)
Error 0xe06d7363 (-529697949)
RxEXCEPTION_MICROSOFT_C_PLUS_PLUS - A Microsoft C++ exception was generated but not handled.

I would start with try to "Repair" your installation of Studio 5000 v31.

Go to Windows Control Panel>select your software installation>then select "Change" which will start the InstallShield Wizard that will allow your to "Repair Installation".

Hi, I know I had to do a repair on Factory Talk Services manager for something very similar. Also, there may have been a recent update on your PC that is causing this. I had to get A-B tech support to check into errors one time and they went in and deleted an update to Windows, and it cured it. However I believe it was Windows 7. Hope this helps you.

Long story short we recently purchased studio 5000 and I foolishly installed v31 thinking it was the latest and greatest and found I couldn’t work with the stuff we had programmed with v29 I uninstalled(not knowing I didn’t have to) v31 installed v29 and started getting the very same errors. We don’t have tech connect but I did call the installation support number and found that it was due to corrupted registry files dealing with visual c++ they were very helpful I tried removing the windows update and all I got was a nasty conversation with it threatening to remove my administrative rights on the computer it boiled down to different versions came with different versions of c++ and they didn’t talk and play well together