Looking for old version of RSLogix 5000

Dr_Bob

Hey guys,
We have a machine that someone using RSLogix 4.42 downloaded the program into the machine. Since we have versions 2.25 and 10 - 15ish, we cannot get online with this PLC(ControlLogix 5550). We called in an outside group to come in, who are in support with Rockwell, and they couldnt come up with it. They pretty much told us to update the firmware on the card to allow our version 10 to talk with it. But in doing so, it will erase the program loaded into the PLC. We want to get a current backup of the program before we update the firmware. Can you guys either point me to a way to obtain V4 or RSlogix or if any of you are in with Rockwell, can you verify that you cannot get V4?

Thanks for all of the help, guys.

Call Rockwell technical support directly and have the processor info ready for them. They can get this to you but there are some steps involved with using it.

The outside contractor I had here did just that with Rockwell and AB and they both supposedly told him, "Good Luck, that is a relic." I'd rather not pay a grand a year for support when they cannot help me get the version I need.

I just looked on the oldest RSRevs CD set I could find (Winter of 2000!) and it had version 7.0, so we're looking pretty far back here! I'm really surprised that Rockwell offered nothing but "You're SOL" to the contractor.. I certainly wouldn't have taken that for an answer!

Rockwell skipped versions 3, 4, and 5 of RSLogix 5000. They went from version 2.51 straight to version 6.0 to align the software revision with the firmware of the controllers.

It looks like version 2.25 added support for firmware rev 4.42.

OG

Yea I was shocked too. Not what I expected to hear. This version 4.42 was probably from around 96 or so, it is very old.

I have version 2.25 and each time I connect with it, it tells me the program was created in a newer version and to get a newer version to talk with the PLC. Is there some patch I may be missing on my 2.25 install?

Well, there was a 2.27 and then I think a 2.51. I don't know that it can be patched. I would image it would have to be an install. It's been a decade since I used these revisions though so I might be mistaken.

OG