Micrologix 1100 w/Gocator 2030

mandyh92

I am new to PLC programming and ladder logic in general so this is my first application. My question would be when using the 1100, am I able drop the voltage on a output to 12v or will I need a resistor. the gocator documentation for the trigger states. Every Gocator sensor has a single optically-isolated input. To use this input without an external resistor,
supply 2.5 - 12 V to Pin 4 and GND to Pin 8. I am using a 24v powersupply and am able to read the plc and access programming mode just unsure what I need to complete this.

In general, yes you can use a voltage divider to obtain 12V from a 24 VDC output. you could use (2) 1K resistors in series from the output and tap the junction between them and end up with 12V referenced to ground.