Mitsubishi Melservo MR-j2c-20A

hopeless

Hello,

We are 2 students from Belgium and we have a problem with a servo system in a factory where we are doing a project. It works with a force gage, the MR-j2c-20A, but it's out of range. Who can help us with the calibration of the system. We must also change some begin positions, how do we change them? The force gage works togheter with a Mitsubishi PLC, the F1s-20MT.

Thanks a lot!

do you have proper software and manuals for everything? for example you will need these:
SH(NA)030006-G 6.00MB http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=010000000000000001000000218304000
JY992D83901-G 1.04MB http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=010000000000000001000000210201000
JY992D88101-D 8.78MB http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=010000000000000001000000211602000
but first - are you sure this is not MR-J2S-20A? this is small servo amplifier that can be
controlled by pulse streams from high speed outputs of your plc (Y0 and Y1).
but first explain what is out of range? force gage or servo?
does servo work at all (even for short time before "out of range" strikes)?
if it is servo and it used to work, you might try to home it. if not, check how it works
step by step:
first you need to wire it correctly and make sure it can jog.
if you can do this without error, chances are everything is good with wiring and motor and encoder
dirrections are matched. if any errors show up, maybe you have to swap two motor phases or maybe
encoder is not wired correctly. it is essential to see error codes on servo amp.
do you get any error codes and what are they?

Last edited:
Panic mode,
I have two servo motors from Melservo S series HC-KFS1361 and KFS43 with shows identical strange behaivor like power up ok servo ON ok but after short JOG stop and show ERROR 20 as it fault in wiring I have checked wires swap with other motor works ok I have took encoder cover and have a look under the hood standard syn encoder pcb and some Mitsubishi micro processor I guess for data transfer in mitsubishi own format. I suspect this encoders as they in two separate parts my get missalighnt due to foll (bough have some minor damage on plastic covers) so I try to play with alingntment of photo element and Glass (scale) disk it all shows pretty obviouse when it works and when is not. tryed also discharge super capacitor ( I guess is for reading in absolute mode) doesnt help.
Can you advise what elsa to try?
Kind regards