Monitoring Datahighway Traffic

pagewe

I have to add a PC running an older HMI/database sofware package to an existing DH+ network. I am a little concerned about increased traffic. I don't want to slow down the PLC messaging. The network has 9 nodes, 4 PLC-5's and two SCADA PC's that are both polling the network.

Its difficult to know what the other three are. they just show up as "1785-KE" and "KE/KF/KF2" IN RS Linx.

How do I monitor network traffic? Do I need to monitor each PLC channel for timeouts?

Thanks in advance

Similar Topics

Hi all. I have a Modbus ProSoft module in my setup with a capability of 30 clients (0-29), which I'm trying to monitor the Ethernet Connection...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I need to connect to a DL205-1 CPU and, as far as I know, I need to use DirectSOFT 6 software for the connection. Is anyone...
Replies
Views
Our punch press has a SLC500 with HELM weight module (HM-604-WM) for tonnage monitoring. The operator enters the weight range on the HMI, which is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to connect to and monitor a DLR that is on a remote rack from my PLC. The local has a 1756-L81E and...
Replies
Views
Good day, we have 15 analog inputs, we need to log the data in excel and monitor these values through web browser. We're planning to go with Delta...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom