What is the full model number of the PLC?

How are you communicating with the PLC? Do you have a hand held?

CXP will communicate with some of the older "H" series PLC's

Edit: I see in another post you are dealing with a C28H-C60R-DE Is the correct PLC model C28H-C6DR-DE?

Do you have manual W175-E1-4A?

What are all the dip switch settings?

Last edited:
also try changing the dip switches for the peripheral and serial port to the other posistion then change it back to the original position if this PLC model has the same glitch as the CJ1m series the peripheral port buffer sometimes gets overloasded and needs resetting oN THE cj1M SERIES WRITING A VALUE OF 1 TO A526 AND A527 RESETS THESE PORTS I do not know what the aux numbers are for your model but repowering the PLC is suppose to accomplish the same thing

http://www.limasoft.cz/omron/pdf/Syswin 3-4 - UM.pdf

Take a look at the above PDF page 57.

Password Protection​
For particular C series PLCs, password protection
can be applied to the program.

The program must first be set up with an open contact with
the address ‘AR10.01’ applied. The password protection
can then be applied. The password can be any four digit
number.

To set the password, select
Online|Protect program to display the dialog and press the Set button. The protection can be released by pressing the Release button.

When enabled, the password is required every time the
program is accessed. Projects can also be protected with a

password; refer to the Advanced Projects chapter.

Kindest regards
silva.foxx

Gaz_28 is downloading to the PLC, he is getting a message that says "UM Protected". When the program is protected Syswin will show the attached image. It is possible that a EEprom is in the PLC?

Protected.jpg

Hi,
The plc is C28H-C60R-DE well thats what is written on top of it, there are no dip switches on the plc at all on the outside there are 2 dip switches inside the plc but when i switch them i get "memory error" and "no end to script" on the error page when connecting to the plc. i tried cxp on the plc but could not connect to it and i found out that no version of cxp will work on this plc because it is too old i suppose. If i goto put a passwrod on the program it lets me do it but when i try and upload a program to it (tried writting a differennt script) i still get the "um protected" just doesnt make sense o_O

thanks okiepc but that seems to only work on the programs listed i am using syswin 3.4 as this is the only program i can get to logon to the plc.
again thanks for the info

Just a thought i tried to see if i could guess to see if there was a password on this somewhere somehow and i went to release on the program protect screen and typed a common password we have on all our plc's and it said not protected by sys(49) what does this mean ? also when i tried to download a program onto the plc just to check it now says "clear um - um protected " does this change things or does this mean the same that no-one knows what it means :ROFLMAO:

I got a reply from omron about this and they said just send an end command to the plc and this will erase the password :unsure: tried it but it didnt work.

See page 9 of this manual, the plc's memory can be write protected by the external switch.

See page 15, internal are more switches and jumpers. What are their positions? You may have an eprom installed which may prevent you from down loading a program.

Your model number is not found on page 74 of the manual as "C28HC60R-de" isn't on the list The "zero" seems as if it should be a "D". The "C6" indicates your PLC came with a IC socket for a Eprom chip. Is it installed?

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=645

Yes, the manual tells you the part number. Are they still avaiable? Don't know.

The manual will guide you, try running with out the chip. You will have to change some dip sw settings.

Did you find the dip switch on the outside of the PLC?

Is the PLC running currently? Or, still down?

The model of this plc is C28H-c6d-re it has NO dip switches on the outside at all, with advice from omron i removed the memory chip and there are 2 dip switches next to the memory chip so i set them and ran it, it come up with "fal error e9" and "no end instruction", i clear the error "no end instruction" but the fal error stays, the plc allows me to clear memory it didnt before, it allows me to upload anything i want but once uploaded to the plc i set mode to run it flashes error nothing works and the error is "fal e9" which i am told wont affect the running of the plc and "no end instruction " even tho there is one. in the manual it tells me how to get rid of fal error but it doesnt work. Can anyone help ?:unsure:

The position of the write protect sw is shown in the attachment, it is on the circuit board, next to the large connector. It is partially hidden by the case.

With the chip removed what position is SW2 #1 and #2 in?

What position are JMP1 and JMP2 in?

Once you power up the PLC, what is the exact status of all the indicator lights on the front of the PLC. Page 89 and 90 of the manual referenced yesterday will help explain the lights.

It sounds as if you were able to download a program from Syswin to the PLC, is this correct?

Page 22,23,24 of the manual referenced below, talks about error "9E" (AR bit 1315 on), to rule out certain causes, try the following: In Syswin, write a very simple program. Maybe "load 0.00, out 212.00". Than add the end instruction. Down load to PLC, switch to "Run". What happens?
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=644

Sw location.jpg Mem P17.jpg

Hi,
I removed the eprom and changed the 2 dip switches to 0 and when i go online it comes up on the front panel on light green and then error light red stays on,in the status screen it says the error is fal 9e and "no end instruction or program error", if i clear the errors i just get the fal error left.

i have tried uploading a one line command and the put end instruction on the end and it uploads it to the plc then says there is an error with the plc and it shows the fal 9e error.but it doesnt say there is a problem with the upload. but when i tell it to run i get the "no end instruction or program error".

If i set the jumper to ram which is what omron have told me to do i get memory error all the time and the same thing happens it lets me clear the error while in stop/program mode but when its in run mode it just goes straight to memory error.

I have been told i need to buy an new memory chip for it and that will work fine its just they are hard to get hold off.And not everyone agrees.Anyone got any ideas on that ?

Could you post a copy of the very short program you downloaded for us to review?

What is the "status screen" you refer to? Is this another device attached to the PLC RS232 port?