All i did was a one line script of one input and one output similar to what you put above just to try it thats all.

the status screen is on the syswin 3.4 software its on the connections tab you scroll down to status click and a box comes up stating what plc it is and what mode its in and what errors are showing,you can clear the errors there and you can also change the mode there.

Did you try what was recommended in POST#9?

The status of the AR bits may lead us to which memory area is causing the check sum error.
When the PLC goes into error, what is the status of each of the bits starting at AR12.00 and ending at AR13.13?

Are both memory jumpers set as shown in manual for ram?

Last edited:
update

Hi,

Got an update, i have been in contact with omron about this plc and they said i should buy another eprom as it would be easier to sort out my problem so i bought a couple of them and they arrived today, tried them and all of them come up with the same error and wont let me upload or download anything just keeps coming up with the um protected error.:unsure:

Doesn't make sense as everyone including myself thought the problem was with the eprom but it isn't as i have tried 5 new eprom's in the plc and i still get the message.

The eprom's have been purchased new and are blank.

Anyone know whats wrong with it now :unsure:

Last edited:
How did you write your program to the new Eprom? Do you have a Prom writer? See page 9 of manual posted below.

When you were set up to run without the Eprom, what were the answers from the questions asked in post#32?

Man W175 page 9.jpg

the dip switch on the front is always on write enable and to find out the AR bits i dont have a clue i'm new to this omron software and i wouldn't know where to look sorry.

The more I read this thread the more I'm starting to think you have a bad backplane unless this processor has none He he