OPC Server Tag to Webpage

How do you have the tag configured in WinCC?
I believe the default is update the graphics every 2s.
Try changing to "Upon change" and see if performance is better.

That's just for tag logging... I thought of that too.

--EDIT-- You were right. In Graphic Designer it was defaulting to 5s. "Upon change" gets me 1s update rate.

I'm so close now! If it weren't for that super clunky log in I'd be way happier

Last edited:
Now, is there a way I can hand code pages? This whole log in system and stuff is way more secure than what we need. Our server is not connected to the internet. Is there a way to just get a few things on a webpage without a login?

Well, what are you trying to do? Most Siemens PLCs with Ethernet ports can be a webserver for custom pages. Might not make sense to do it that way, if you want to display one or two datapoints from many PLCs, but many datapoints from one PLC (or a few) could work.

In addition, your WinCC system can be set up to share tags over OPC UA, which could be read in and incorporated into the page by a custom webserver, if you want to go down that path.