OT: Overly Persistent Sales People

I hate that saying.

"Everybody is a salesman"

Well maybe yes but not everybody get's the commission do they?
I am a salesman as an entrepreneur, but as a programmer for an employer I'm not selling more than I need to keep me busy. I don't get commission from the sale so I would only want enough to fill up my week no more as to not be underwater while the salesman goes golfing with the money I made him.

Tell your employer that too. Haha
See how long you keep your job

And the salesman says “look at our programmer , he just sits at his desk all day while I fly around (away from my family) trying to get business”

I did, and I kept my job. Don't suck at what you do and they will keep you doing it.

I don't have to worry about an employer today but when I did I was never in fear of losing my job.

And thats exactly what the salesman says, but then like I say he goes golfing during the workday and cashes the big commission checks and it all evens out.
I've done both. I suck at sales, I can only ever sell what someone really needs I can't sleep at night overselling frivolous **** like some of these guys can.

I did, and I kept my job. Don't suck at what you do and they will keep you doing it.

I don't have to worry about an employer today but when I did I was never in fear of losing my job.

And thats exactly what the salesman says, but then like I say he goes golfing during the workday and cashes the big commission checks and it all evens out.
I've done both. I suck at sales, I can only ever sell what someone really needs I can't sleep at night overselling frivolous **** like some of these guys can.

$hitty attitudes get an employee fired too
I don’t care how good you are

My boss and I were discussing which barcode readers we should standardize on. Sick's image based one is pretty good, I prefer Cognex Dataman. He whispered: Should we look at Keyence?

I made a quick move to look behind him, out his office window. He thought I saw a spider or something like that so it freaked him out. I said, no, I thought I saw the Keyence guy behind that bush outside of your window.

:ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of the joke of the bowling ball salesman with perfect attendance.

After 15 years without a day off or a vacation day taken someone said: It's nice to be dedicated to your company, but never taking a day off from selling bowling balls?

To which he replied: If I ever take a day off they will realize bowling balls sell themselves and I do nothing and I would be out of a job.

Last edited:
Update. Just got another email from the same guy, same company, but now using a different email address. Probably an attempt to get past all the Spam folders his previous ones were directed to.