Photocell trouble shooting

xilog

Hello All,
We are trying to trace down a problem with a machine we have bought. The machine has two sets of photocells to prevent lateral movement of a stage if there is something blocking its travel.
The photocells are connected to a Telemechanique XPS-CEP safety relay, the photocells appear to function properly (i.e. the LEDs on the cells change color when blocked.
Does anyone know how to test the relay.

Thanks

Solution

Hi Guys,
I think I found the problem. The alignment of the photocells was off. I haven't found any info about what the proper alignment should be, but after some trial and error, I was able to get the machine to start.

Thanks

Similar Topics

Anyone using a photocell to a DI? I mean the kind that looks at the light outdoors and turns on the lights at dusk. There are a ton out there...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of a semi long range prox or photocell with a 4/20mA output? I need to detect the position of a object (plastic ball) in a tube, the...
Replies
Views
After the new very nice update to this site I could not log in with my original password, tried to recover my account but did not recieve a email...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have an issue with an Allen Bradley PLC model 1769-L30ER. This PLC had a previous program with a different IP address but when I...
Replies
Views
Hello, We are having trouble setting up a generic ethernet module for a Yaskawa GA80U4168 drive in RSLogix 5000 Version 20.01. All of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom