Plc Horner Modbus Error

Data_name

I am having a problem communicating my PLC with Drive via Modbus connection. I start by opening the port and there is no problem, but then when I want to use the Modbusmaster I fill in all the data correctly but it gives me two errors: 1 in the Trigger it does not allow me to assign any boolean to the switch and with the MCB I put an array in int format to fill in the communication fields but when compiling it marks Modbusmaster: argument expected. Do you have any idea what it could be?Error.JPG

If you double click on the instruction a pop up will allow you to fill in all that.
What version are you using?
The port usually is "MJ1" for port 1.
The "Trigger" is a single-bit, transition from OFF to ON will fire up the request.
Can you just "type in something like "%I02" instead of the contact?

Edit: If you highlight the instruction and hit F1 it will bring up the help. Go through the help file as to what is needed.

If you double click on the instruction a pop up will allow you to fill in all that.
What version are you using?
The port usually is "MJ1" for port 1.
The "Trigger" is a single-bit, transition from OFF to ON will fire up the request.
Can you just "type in something like "%I02" instead of the contact?

Edit: If you highlight the instruction and hit F1 it will bring up the help. Go through the help file as to what is needed.
I'm working on Cscape version 9.90, and the window doesn't pop up when I double-click. I guess it's because I'm using the IEC 61131 version.

If I'm using the MJ1, I haven't gotten to the point where communication is problematic yet. I'm just trying to compile to do the first connection test. I tried, but it tells me I need to put a variable, well actually I tried putting %M1. I read all the block documentation and it doesn't say what type of variables it accepts. That's where I think I miss Siemens

It does, if you look closely you'll see it secs a BOOL.
It has to be a BOOL either part of a register, I/O or whatever.

I do not use the tag based nor the IEC version.
The pop up should be present as it is the way cScape works, not sure why you don't get it.

Have you looked under the port/network configuration (as in hardware, left pane)?
It may be easier to setup your comms and variables for your Modbus data there.
You need to setup comms, ports and protocols regardless.

Some old screen shots, may help!
I did use Port MJ2 for Modbus.

Attachments

• Modbus000a.png
    Modbus000a.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Modbus001a.png
    Modbus001a.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Modbus002a.png
    Modbus002a.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Modbus003a.png
    Modbus003a.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 8
When I click on the "Modbusmaster" block, it opens the "IEC Function block selection" window, image attached. The reason I don't use the hardware configuration is because the "Function Code" given by Cscape is different from the "Function Code" of the Yaskawa drive I want to communicate with. I had to migrate the "IEC 61131" program to "Ladder advanced", which is a pity because I like to keep my programs with the IEC 61131 standard. I will try in ST to see if it recognizes it, but that will be in my free time, which I don't have right nowFunction Block.JPG
If you do setup as shown above, there's no need to open ports and triggers and such via your ladder.