Powerflex 525 - EMC filter option

alive15

Hello, I have a basic question. I am looking to order a PF525, and noticed they have an EMC filter option. What is the purpose for adding this filter onto a drive, and under what conditions should one normally use this? Is this similar to a choke?

I read some articles online, but if someone could dumb it down, that would be great.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Fairly new to the drive so apologise for the layman terms. Textile machine uses PF525 VFDs to control motors. The speed of the drive is currently...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with understanding how to set/change these data types. We recently swapped from Invertek to AB drives...
Replies
Views
All, I have a PowerFlex 525 driving an agitator motor. The goal is to have the agitator start automatically after a power loss or a comm loss. I...
Replies
Views
Hi to all. We need to change a bad powerFlex 525 to a new one. How do you save the configuration to install in the new one? Thank you all for...
Replies
Views
Im trying to teach a couple of labs on VFDs at a community college. We have some motor control trainers with P525s and 3 phase motors from...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom