Powerflex 525 viewing Current on Panelview 7 plus

Kantzje

When I added device Powerflex 525 to my project,The ( current tag) was not populated .How can I retrieve this data ?

Thanks Jeff

What tag are you referencing in your PanelView project, I believe you need to use N registers to get data from the PF525.

There is a TechNote on how to communicate and control the PF525, I will see if I can find it.

TechNote is QA52360, you will TechConnect to view it.

Last edited:
It sounds like you need to add OutputCurrent as an input in the drive definition. In the old days they called it Datalinks. Now I think it is just called Inputs and Outputs. The 525 definition in your project will need to have that declared. The drive itself will also need a parameter set to match that.

You can also use a MSG instruction to grab the Output Current as well.

Not sure on the exact MSG attributes, but a quick search should provide you that information.