Rslogix 5000 data logging/

stu

Hi Guys
i have a machine which i would like to record the down time, the machine has a rsview 32 hmi and we have a compact logix plc, i have not done any data logging before but i would like to learn.

what i would like to do is for every time the machine stops i would like to record the downtime and total downtime for the day up a weeks worth?? (on the hmi)
has any one done this before

It's going to be pretty easy to get an accurate total with some PLC code.

Just use an RTO timer that runs only when the machine is stopped. Show its .acc on the HMI. Reset it daily based on clock time.

If you want to record each occurrence of downtime and log them separately, then I would have to defer to others on how to do this with View32

i have been told to use a fifo instruction but i am not sure how to use it??

what am i looking at on a fifo