RSVIEW ME P.B. touch indicators

Bling_bling

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello fellow wirenuts, I am looking to find the P.B. touch indicator option on version 13.00 and failing. It has been a year or so since I last did so there is some rust but I am to the point where I"m thinking this version doesn't have the option? I'm not looking to change the button color, just the frame. Also wondering why some options are greyed out? thank you for your time!20240414_175948.jpg20240414_180037.jpg

What kind of button? Different buttons have different features. A standard button is usually used for navigation or macros and doesn't have indicator. A multistate or momentary button have indicator features.

Different options will have different animation capabilities. For example a rectangle object will have all animation options. But an object like a pushbutton will only allow visibility animation. Anything you interact with will have limited options.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish. The "Indicator" option is available when you open the object's properties and look at the connections tab. The Indicator option will affect the appearance of the button as determined by the States tab. When does the button appear in State 0 versus when does it appear in State 1.

OG

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. Thank you all for taking the time to try to help a brother out! Mr. Clinton had the answer I was looking for.

Different options will have different animation capabilities. For example a rectangle object will have all animation options. But an object like a pushbutton will only allow visibility animation. Anything you interact with will have limited options.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish. The "Indicator" option is available when you open the object's properties and look at the connections tab. The Indicator option will affect the appearance of the button as determined by the States tab. When does the button appear in State 0 versus when does it appear in State 1.

OG
Just so you know touch animation/indication is independent of the "state" of the button. If the button is unable to turn on its intended target because of other prerequisites in the logic it won't make the connection/read and would not change state so you end up with the gorillas pushing the button 17 times! Touch animation let's them know they did push the button but they are missing something.
Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I understand, but I think the discussion got off track by the "touch animation" phrase. That means something different to many of us. The Touch animation mentioned earlier that is available in SE applications simply turns any object into a button. Using touch animation I can import a graphic object and apply touch animation to it so the user can touch it and take an action, just like they would a push button object. It has nothing to do with giving you feedback that the button has been pressed.

As you know, indicator tags control the appearance of a button based on the state of the referenced tag instead of "am I pressing the button or not". I have never liked indicator tags for the exact reason you mention. When someone presses a button, they expect some sort of feedback to the button press. And I completely agree with that. There should be some feedback to show the button press was detected by the system, otherwise they smash the button over and over. It's like a button for a crosswalk. Some have a light that turns on when you press the button. Others don't, and people just repeatedly mash the button never getting any feedback.

So yeah, it was the phrase "touch animation" that raised questions. You meant something different than what some of us thought you meant.

OG