Schnieder and Siemens 400 PLC communication

If there is no Ethernet on the Schneider PLC, then there is also a possibility to use Modbus RTU.
You need a CP441 with a loadable RTU driver. This is a bit expensive.
If you have ET200S then an alternative is to use a 1SI module with a fixed Modbus RTU functionality. This is not so expensive.

Hello Rajeesh;

Most Siemens CPUs support Profibus-DP, and Siemens has CP cards for Profibus if the CPU is not Profibus-enabled.
Or, as suggested by Jesper, Modbus (RTU/ASCII) is available for Siemens on a serial CP441,or on a serial card on the ET 200S Profibus slave platform.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi

Has anybody done a connection between Telemecanique and Siemens using Modbus TCP ? . I am sure I can do the Siemens side. But I have no experience with telemecanique .All I need to do is to transfer 240 byte to Siemens and 20 byte to Telemecanique.Main problem is I will receive the telemecanique programming software and then I will have about one week to put this link in operation.Any demo software somewhere anyone.How difficult or different is the programming software of a telemecanique compared to a Step 5 or Step 7 software.

PLC type is a TSX P57 3623M
software is PL7 Pro V4.5

btw : what cable is needed to connect to the plc ? or can you connect directly via ethernet ?

Thanks

Eric