Sigmatek SSD-120 drive directional problem

BigAl

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am hoping that maybe someone can help me. We currently have an inherited mold take out device from Germany. It has a single axis and utilizes a Sgmatek PLC and a Sigmatek SSD-120 servo drive to control the axis.

About two weeks ago we were not able to clear an axis fault on the machine pendant. The fault would appear every time we enabled the servo. This occurred directly after a power outage. We checked all of the logical things but were not able to go online with the PLC or the drive as we don't have the software.

We contacted the original manufacturer and they were of little help. We also reached out to Sigmatek and after setting up a remote connection they were able to go online and came to the conclusion that the drive was bad. This morning we received the replacement drive from Austria and installed it.

We followed the startup procedure and we were able to enable the drive without any faults. To our dismay when we jog the end of arm tool towards the mold, it actually moves away from the mold. Conversely when we jog the EOAT away from the mold it actually moves toward the mold. Everything is backwards.

We have reached out to our US distributor and he is contacting Austria. I am curious if anyone else has run into this and I would like to know how they overcame it.

I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

BigAl