SLC 5/03 To Access?

Leeroy

I was just wondering if it's possible to use microsoft access to read/write to a slc 5/03. I can only assume it would be similar to using excel and of course using Rslinx and DDE but I can't find any information on this. If anyone can give me some information on this that would be great!

You should be able to do it in VBA within access. Check the help in RSLinx under DDE -> examples.

From RSLinx help:

Sub Word_Read()

'open dde link: testsol=DDE Topic

RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLinx", "testsol")

'get data and store in data variable

data = DDERequest(RSIchan, "N7:30")

'Paste data into selected range

Range("[RSLINXXL.XLS]DDE_Sheet!C7").Value = data

'close dde link

DDETerminate (RSIchan)

End Sub

Similar Topics

Hi all I have a legacy PLC (1747-L552C) and I have been asked to look at remote access (it's communicating via ethernet to a PVPlus6). I have an e...
Replies
Views
Scenario: Customer has a remote site with a SLC and a Panelview hooked up. They want to be able to have another Panelview at the main site with...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Recently upgraded a case packing machine that came from another plant with a new plc. The machine is old and tired and needs to be tweaked...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a remote SLC processor with some I/O I need to access via my main controller, which is a ControlLogix. I tried adding the DH+...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can someone tell me the most economical/best software and hardware I need to put my 4 networked DH+ SLC 5/04's program and tags on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom