Studio 5000 Safety Input to DINT

FelipeGarcia

Hey!

Quick question. Is there a quick and easy way of recurrently move safety inputs to a DINT for example?

This is the idea but for obvious reasons it doesn't work...

for Position 1 to 10 do
for Index := 0 to 7 do
Data[Position].Index := SafetyInputs: (Position):I.Pt0(Index)Data;
end_for;
end_for;

Thanks!

How about :

For zzpos := 0 to 10 do
zzdata[zzpos].0 := Local:1:i.Pt00.Data;
zzdata[zzpos].1 := Local:1:i.Pt01.Data;
zzdata[zzpos].2 := Local:1:i.Pt02.Data;
zzdata[zzpos].3 := Local:1:i.Pt03.Data;
zzdata[zzpos].7 := Local:1:I.Pt07.Data;
end_for;

EDIT:
Nevermind.. its doesn't change the Local:"X" number...
Also... why do you need to do this? simplify an HMI screen?

Last edited:
Hey!

What triggered my curiosity was indeed an HMI application. It's a bit time consuming the way it's done now and, if I may say, not elegant. I was curious if I could go in a different direction to simplify (shorten) the code...

Thanks!

When I have to do that I create a global object and use parameter definitions.
I've done it a lot for customer who still demand IO status screens the old fashion way.

For example, I can put the module, slot, and point all as different parameters.
I'm assuming you using a AB Panelview with FactoryTalk View Studio...

I would create a global object indicator, and use different parameter definitions.
So something like #1:#2:#3:pt#4.Data
And for the parameter definitions #1 would be Module (Local for Example)
#2 would be slot number, #3 I or O, #4 bit address.

So for Local:2:I:pt05.Data, the parameters would be
#1 = Local
#2 = 2
#3 = I
#4 = 05
The good thing about View Studio it lets you manipulate the tag names like that.

Then put the global object on a display, put in the parameters you want (I usually put a weird character in the slot like '$'), work on the first group of 8, then make multiples of those groups, and once you have enough for all the IO, just select a group of 8 and put replace the $ with the slot number.

Hey!

The way you described is pretty much how the HMI application is working now for PV the difference is that the inputs are already in DINT bits which are also manipulated on PLC logic...

Thank you again!